I've just written my exam in Introduction to Linux commands/Bash-scripting. It went okay.
It's just 30% of the whole modules' mark, so it's not that important, but it'll be a good bonus on the other part, which is java-programming in 2 weeks. In 3 weeks the semester will be over already.
Wait, what? Already over? A whole semester...?
I'm not sure how that'll develop. I don't think I've learned anything in java or physics... which isn't a surprise since I've barely been to any seminars or lectures on those courses. I've barely learned anything in math, the only thing I've always been to and that really expanded my knowledge was Media and Communication Basics.
There I've learned all sorts of psychology-related things about consumerism, escapism, how ads shape ones mind, whats expected from consumer and media-maker, things like that. Really interesting to me. We've also had a group project, and still do. Which is up to 30% of the modules' mark as bonus.
We had to:
- make 3 concepts for a game/movie
- reviewed by the professor he picked one which we should "pitch" then in front of class
- find in groups, use one of the concepts
- make a demo/professional pitch out of it
We're at stage 4 now, presentation is at 23rd, I'm kind of confident in my group. They're really ambitious. Which'll be why I'll leave them after the official part that's part of the module's done. I'm a burden on them, they don't like me, and I don't really like them either to be honest. Which isn't a big deal, normally.
But there's another thing to it.
We already did a 2nd pitch in front of a content-manager of Lenovo. He said that my groups game was astounding, and that he wanted to have it for the 2nd gen of Lenovo tablets at the end2012/mid2013.
And this. Is. Fucking. Big. I'm tempted to tell myself screw you, you'll do this and improve and be part of it. But my mind tells me this is probably way over the top for now.
That's kind of what it feels like to me. Aside from the girls expression - I'd freak out.
I'm to anxious to visit class, and I should work on a project nearby while studying that's that kind of big? Which 6people have that kind of hopes in? I can't do that. There's no way. I'm barely getting my task done for the group now already, I'll be nothing but a burden on them, they all have way more skills in that field than I do, It's better that way. It really is I believe.
I'll still regret it though, I fear.
Why's stuff so complicated?
But that doesn't matter. I've kind of set my mind on making one of my own concepts into a game, a visualnovel actually. The prof of MCB (who is a person I can actually talk to kinda easily, since he seems to have an at least remotely similar way of thinking like mine. Don't really know. He knows anime, manga, VNs and all kinds of stuff, kind of strange but nice guy), even told me I should go for it, even if it takes much time. Even if I don't get it done, I should try, it's a really good experience, and well, I can only agree. Not sure how much dedication i can actually bring into that. I'll try to get something done over the semesterbreak.
Some teaser-picture I've shopped together just for the initial idea pitch:
Name subject to change. It revolves around an idea that's already far spread but would make a neat VN.
Next post will be about dreams, I've written down a couple of dream I could remember, 2 or 3 of them are pretty strange so I might post them soon.



The big project sounds nice but I would still suggest artist's integrity and do your own thing. There's nothing worse than working on something you're not interested in. I hope you finish your VN, I'm really curious as to how it'll turn out.
ReplyDeleteWell done on completing it. Media and Communication Basics certainly sounds like it was interesting. Sounds like a fun project, too.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your own project, and have fun. Looking forward to your next post. Dreams are cool.